The public interest is served by the consistent performance of qualitative audit, assurance, review and other related engagements. The design, implementation and operation of the system of quality management enables the consistent performance of quality engagements by providing our Practice with reasonable assurance that the following quality objectives of the system of quality management are achieved.
1. Our Practice and its personnel fulfill their responsibilities in accordance with professional standards and applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and conduct engagements in accordance with such standards and requirements; and
2. Engagement reports issued by our Practice or engagement partners/directors are appropriate in the circumstances.
Our Practice has designed and implemented, and is operating, a system of quality management in accordance with Hong Kong Standard of Quality Management 1 and 2 issued by Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants. By implementing appropriate policies and procedures, our Practice demonstrates a commitment to quality through a culture that exists throughout the Practice, which recognizes and reinforces the following matters.
1. The Practice’s role in serving the public interest by consistently performing quality engagements;
2. The importance of professional ethics, values and attitudes;
3. The responsibility of all personnel for quality relating to the performance of engagements or activities within the system of quality management, and their expected behavior; and
4. The importance of quality in the Practice’s strategic decisions and actions, including the Practice’s financial and operational priorities.
For more details about the Hong Kong Standard of Quality Management 1 and 2 (“HKSQM 1” and “HKSQM 2”), please visit the web site of Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants with the following hyperlinks.